Thursday, January 6, 2011

Car parts strapped to a car

  Yes, I had an accident in my car about a month ago. With all the traffic in the Wal-Mart parking lot.. it was a little difficult to avoid. Anyway, I have finally gotten up the courage to repair the car. The insurance backed out of assisting me in any way with the cost, even though it was a no fault accident. No tickets were issued and nobody disobeyed any rules... it just happened. So the cost is coming out of my pocket... the need for courage.
  The fellow that sold me the car is a mechanic and body man. Well he was more than willing to assist me with the repairs... yay!! Yesterday he went to several junk yards and found an entire front end for a car a year older than my car. Looks a little different but at least no damage. He was going to pick up a pickup truck from his brother, but that fell through when he had to find another junk yard in the opposite direction. The junk yard he was going to, sold the front end he was coming to get. So change of plans, and no truck to pick up an entire front end... bumper, fenders, hood, etc.. So what he did was funny and odd... he strapped all the parts onto the roof and into the trunk of his car. I laughed so hard when I saw his car with my hood strapped to the roof of his car and the trunk had parts popping out of it everywhere. I wish I had thought to take pictures.
  Right now the parts are in my tiny apt.. I am looking at the hood in my dining area and the bumper is leaning against the TV. I did take a video of it and post it on youtube. Sometimes my life gets pretty ridiculous and kinda funny.
  He called a little while ago, he just woke up and will be over after a few cups of coffee. This will be an all day project I suppose. Lots of parts. Anyway, when I get up to go to work tonight it should be finished if everything goes well. I will dub my new car, Frankencar for the time being, until I get it painted. At least it won't look like it was on the loosing side of a fight anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment